Following the success of the Casa Christmas campaign which raised over €2,100 for LauraLynn, Crowleys DFK is delighted to announce that its partnership with LauraLynn will continue in 2022, for the third year in a row. As the only children’s hospice in the Republic of Ireland, we are proud to continue to support LauraLynn’s requirements, so they may continue to provide specialised hospice care to children with life limiting conditions and their families all across Ireland.
We hope that by continuing our partnership with LauraLynn for a further year that we will get more chances to volunteer, meet some of the incredible LauraLynn staff and have some fun as well.
Managing Partner, James O’Connor commented:
“LauraLynn is a great Charity. It’s disappointing that our involvement coincided with all of their in-person events being cancelled. Hopefully, we will soon be able to take part and support in-person in events with them and see firsthand the incredible work they carry out to support children with life-limiting conditions and their families.”
LauraLynn’s recent announcement to expand services bringing care and support closer to home for children and families in Munster in 2022 with a satellite service based in Cork should also give us further opportunities to show our support.
Over the last two years, we at Crowleys DFK have been involved in some great initiatives for the benefit of LauraLynn, such as:
- Casa Christmas Light Display, where COO and Financial Advisory Partner, Colette Nagle and ICT Manager, Justin Nagle transformed their home into a magical Christmas light show and raised over €2,100.
- Christmas Jumper Day and Christmas Gifting, which saw each of our 100 employees and 10 partners give up part of their Firm Christmas Hamper in lieu of a monetary donation to LauraLynn, raising over €5,500 over the last two years.
- On the 11th of December 2021, 15 volunteers from Crowleys DFK helped out with LauraLynn’s first live event after almost 2 years. Volunteers assisted with the running of Ray D’arcy’s Half & 5K in Phoenix Park, including stewarding around the event site and car parks, manning water stations, staffing the main registration area, giving out goodie bags and refreshments, and the clean up afterwards.
- Win a Day off Work raffles, which encouraged our staff to donate to LauraLynn and earn raffle tickets. Together, these raffles have raised over €2,000 over the last two years.
- Wear Your Face Mask, which saw partners and employees of Crowleys DFK receive a handmade face mask of their choice in exchange for a €10 donation to LauraLynn, raising over €3,000.
- In June 2020, 71 partners and employees of Crowleys DFK and their families each ran, walked, or jogged a minimum of 100 km and used their combined distances to complete a virtual walking tour of the US and Canada to visit as many fellow DFK firms as possible, raising €9,266.85 in the process.
- In February 2021, 50 members of our firm completed 14,000,000 steps and raised €4,021.13. Later, in September 2021, our 10km Challenge raised an additional €1,612.11.
Commenting on the announcement, Kerry McLaverty, CEO of LauraLynn Ireland’s Children’s Hospice said:
“We are thrilled that Crowleys DFK have chosen to extend our partnership into its third year in 2022 – a year in which our services expand to include a presence on the ground in the Munster region where many employees of the firm work. Partnerships such as this are a vital part of the LauraLynn Community of Care. We cannot provide our services without the generosity of the public and businesses like Crowleys DFK. The funds and awareness the firm raise have an enormous positive impact on the children and families that LauraLynn support. So thank you to everyone involved – you should be very proud of yourselves and please keep up the great work!”