Applications are now open for the Restart Grant Plus Scheme, which gives grants of between €4,000 and €25,000 to businesses to help them to re-open.
The Restart Grant Plus Scheme was part of the Government’s July Stimulus package, a €7.4bn package of measures and it replaces and supersedes the existing restart grant schemes.
The scheme is open to those with less than 250 employees that have reopened or planned to reopen and have seen a 25% reduction in turnover between 1 April and 30 June 2020.
Key changes to the Restart Grant Plus Scheme:
- €300m additional funding in addition to €250m previously committed
- Grant amount has increased substantially. Minimum grant is now €4,000 and maximum is €25,000. Previous grant amounts were €2,000 and €10,000 respectively
- Medium sized companies now eligible Companies with up to 250 employees can now apply (previously the grant was for companies with less than 50 employees)
- Increased eligibility Non-rateable B&Bs, sports clubs with commercial activities and trading charity shops are now eligible
Businesses that received a grant under the first scheme can re-apply to local authorities to receive additional funding. For first-time applicants under Restart Plus, the minimum grant is €4,000 and the maximum is €25,000.
Interested businesses can apply through their local authority.
To qualify for a grant, the important criteria are:
- A business must be commercial and in the local authority rates system (apart from non-rateable B&Bs who can apply to Fáilte Ireland’s Covid-19 Adaptation Fund);
- It must have suffered a 25% loss of expected turnover between 1 April and 30 June 2020;
- It must have less than 250 employees and turnover less than €25m;
- It must declare its intention to re-employ staff in receipt of the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme
If you need further details about the Restart Grant or our help with the application process please contact our COVID-19 Client Response Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +353 1 679 0800/+353 21 427 2900