EU VAT Services for eCommerce Sellers
From the 1st of July 2021, the EU VAT rules on cross-border business-to-consumer (B2C) e-commerce activities will change with the introduction of new EU VAT eCommerce rules.
The aim of the new rules is to help streamline and speed up the processes for declaring and paying VAT on distance sales goods and cross-border B2C services.
What is changing?
- The current VAT exemption for goods in small consignments of a value of up to €22 will be abolished and all goods imported into the EU will be subject to VAT.
- The current Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS) will be extended to a One Stop Shop (OSS).
- For certain transactions, online marketplaces and platforms will be deemed suppliers.
- A new Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) will be introduced.
- Special Arrangements for certain imports of goods will be introduced.
The new rules will come into force on 1 July 2021, but preparation can start right now with our IOSS and OSS service offerings: