The Data Protection Commission have published an information note on data breach trends identified by their Breach Assessment Unit in the first year of GDPR.
Some of the trends and issues identified by the Breach Assessment Unit include:
- Late notifications;
- Difficulty in assessing risk ratings;
- Failure to communicate the breach to data subjects;
- Repeat breach notifications; and
- Inadequate reporting.
You can view the full information note here.
At Crowleys DFK, we are dedicated to helping you achieve GDPR compliance. Our Data Protection Support Services’ team offer the following services:
- Preparing a Gap Analysis between current practices and those required under the current legislation and regulation.
- Ensuring Data Protection, Records Management and Retention Policies and Procedures are in line with current legislation and regulations.
- Conducting Data Mapping exercise.
- Developing Privacy Notices/Disclosures for your organisation.
- Determining if a Data Protection Impact Assessment is required by your firm and provide assistance in implementing.
- Providing support to your appointed Data Protection Officer/Privacy Officer and ensuring their roles and responsibilities fully include the requirements under the GDPR.
- Providing GDPR workshops/training to Board members and staff.
For assistance or advice on Data Protection, please contact us.