Crowleys DFK Limited wants to protect the privacy of visitors to our website. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
When you visit our website, make an enquiry, order publications, complete forms or request more information, you may be asked to provide some personal data such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern and accumulate and analyze anonymous, aggregate statistical information.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests and display appropriate product categories that may be of interest to you.
- To assess which features of our site are being accessed so we can improve our site and better deliver content and products of interest to you.
- To speed up your searches.
- To track your return visits to our site.
Where we store your personal data
For privacy purposes, all information relating to our clients is stored on a secure server that is not accessible via the Internet.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
Personal information held about you is used only for limited purposes. We use this information in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you. You may at any time request that we discontinue sending you such materials.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information if:
- Crowleys DFK Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Crowleys DFK Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. To request any information about your personal data please contact us.